Subject to the terms described herein, Sunco Lighting Inc. (“Sunco”) warrants that its Sunco lights and related products listed below (the “Products”) will be free from defects in material and workmanship, and that the lumen maintenance value for applicable Products shall not fall below 70% of the lumen maintenance value set forth in Sunco specifications, for the period of years as indicated below, from date of the purchaser’s purchase (the invoice date), subject to the terms and conditions herein (a “Warranty”).
Sunco offers the following Warranty on its products:
|1 Year||Goof Rings, Solar Path Lights|
|3 Years||Wall Sconces|
|5 Years||Bulbs, Tubes, Recessed Cans, Ceiling Fixtures|
|7 Years||Recessed Lights, Shop Lights, Ceiling Panels, High Bays, Shoeboxes, Wall Packs, Exit Signs|
During the Warranty Period, Sunco shall offer a full or partial refund, or store credit, or product replacement (identical product or suitable alternative) within the continental US (the customer shall always pay for shipping to locations outside the continental US). The Warranty Period commences upon purchase of the product. Any approval of a Warranty Claim is preconditioned on the Product being used as directed by instructions in Sunco’s manual or website
For avoidance of doubt regarding the meaning of the term “to replace the Product”, this term does not include, without limitation, any removal or reinstallation costs or expenses, including without limitation labor costs or expenses, shipping costs to return non-conforming Products or any damages that may occur during the return of Product to Sunco. At its discretion, Sunco may require a return of purchased product to qualify for a refund or replacement and may require the customer to pay for return shipping.
Sunco determines the validity of any Warranty Claim. Sunco may accept or reject any Warranty Claim in its sole and absolute discretion. Sunco reserves the right to reject any Warranty Claim if it suspects misuse or abuse of a Product, or any dishonesty or bad faith by the party submitting a Warranty Claim. In the case of acceptance of a Warranty Claim, Sunco may determine the manner in which a Warranty Claim is satisfied, which can include but is not limited to offering a refund, replacement product, or credit toward the purchase of future products.
Furthermore, in the event a Warranty Claim is approved, Sunco may:
- Charge a shipping fee for replacement Products in connection with a Warranty claim.
- Require that a Product, which is subject to a Warranty Claim, be returned or donated as directed by Sunco as a condition of approval for a Warranty Claim.
- Require the customer to provide additional information (such as Product condition usage of product, and installation method), or photos and video of the Product.
Any Warranty Claim is subject to the following additional conditions, without limitation:
- The Products have been installed and operated in accordance with Sunco’s instructions.
- The Products have not been subject to accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, or acts of God.
- Adequate records of operating history are kept and available for inspection by Sunco.
- Sunco may accept or reject the validity of such records at its sole discretion.
- A Sunco representative will have access to the failed Products and the fixtures used to operate them. If the fixture or other parts become suspect, the representative shall have the right to invite other Sunco or Sunco-authorized representatives to evaluate the lighting system components.
- The Product has been purchased directly from Sunco or a Sunco-authorized distributor/retailer.
- This Warranty is limited to Products purchased for use in regions that are within the jurisdiction of the United States and Canada.
- An original purchase receipt for the Product is available for inspection by Sunco.
The warranty and remedy set forth herein do not apply to Products, parts, advice, assistance, or service which Sunco furnishes to a purchaser as a business courtesy. The warranty is not applicable to any Product which is used in violation of any applicable standard, code, or instructions for use, including those contained in the Standards for Safety of Underwriters Laboratory, Inc. (UL), Standards for the American Standards Institute (ANSI), in Canada, the Canadian Standards Association (CSA).
THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE, AND THE SOLE REMEDY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, IN CONTRACT, IN TORT OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM THE FAILURE OF PRODUCT AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED. THE LIABILITY OF SUNCO SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TERMS OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN. IN NO EVENT WILL SUNCO BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, PROFITS, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, WHETHER OR NOT SUNCO HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF.